Monday, October 15, 2007

Sucked into the abyss

I have given in to temptation, and invitation, and joined Facebook.

Oh dear. There goes all my spare time.

I have resisted Facebook and Myspace so far, partly because A uses them, and I feel that its an intrusion if I'm in the same social spaces as her - there should be a generation gap, and we each need our private lives, and besides, if we want to communicate we can do it over the dinner table; and partly because real life, email and a blog is quite enough as it is. But anyway. If you wonder where I am, I've been sucked into the black hole that is Facebook. I blame Lianne. And Stacie for sending me fish.

Back in real life, the panel at Hull Short Film Fest went well; I made contact with a couple of directors, because at that point I was looking for a director who might be interested in "A Tree for Emily" for "Caught Short" - now it looks like I might be going in as director, if I have a producer on board; and at the same time, I'm applying with another team as their producer. Hmm. Chances of all round success are slender, but life could be about to get very interesting.

And as far as the novel is concerned, it's taking up a lot of headspace at the moment and I'm wondering if Nanowrimo is the right way to deal with it - at least that way I'd get it all out of my head and onto the page.

Ah, what's life without a challenge or five.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lianne said...

Sorry for dragging you into the abyss. But since I have succumbed, I'm determined to drag everyone else down with me. ;-)

Sounds exciting about the shorts. Good luck!

9:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! At least this is one technological area into which we shan't be tempted but it does all leave less time for traditional modes of communication! Good news about the shorts.
Hope you're having a good day.
Love from us

2:53 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home