Thursday, May 08, 2008

It's summer therefore it must be festival time

The sun has come out, English people are taking off their clothes no matter how ill-advised that might be, and the Edinburgh Film Festival programme was launched yesterday - this has kind of skewed my body clock as far as summer is concerned because Edinburgh is August - film, fringe, books all in one go. But this year, the film festival has made a leap for separateness into June. There have already been comments about whether or not this will work; I have mixed feelings myself. On the one hand, I like the buzz of being able to go to see a favourite author at the book festival in the afternoon, a film at tea time and a comedian late at night; on the other hand, I didn't do that very often, when I went up for the film festival I tended to do several days of very intense film stuff, and if I'm not competing with thousands of fringe folk it will be a hell of a lot easier to find somewhere nice and not extortionate to stay. So, I'll hang on til June 29th to make my judgement about whether its worked or not.

I'll definitely be going up to Edinburgh for as much of the festival as I can manage - the programme at first glance didn't seem as eye catching as last year but actually there are a good few films that on reflection have made me think "yeah, I'll give you a go". And hopefully the industry events will be as good as the last couple of years. Anyway, if you're going and would like to meet up, let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home