Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Need your help again

In November last year, I posted about a company who wanted to quarry in a sensitive and beautiful part of the Peak District of Derbyshire. We suspected Glebe Mines would put in another application, and indeed they have. Here's the original post.

If you objected last time, please write in again; if you meant to object last time but didn't quite get around to it, please object now. Write to:

Ms S Smith, Senior Minerals Planner, Peak District National Park Authority, Aldern House, Baslow Road, Bakewell, Derbyshire, DE45 1AE

quoting Tearsall Quarry – Fluorspar Extraction Application NP/DDD/0208/0104


The original objections still stand, and if you'd like a letter template to send to the Peak Park, or if you'd like more information, please contact me via comments or email.

The Planning Committee meets in 9 days, so please, get those objections in if you don't want this:



to turn into something like this:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lois (three-legged-cat) said...

Hi Sal, I've just found your blog via your comment on Kitchen Witch's blog.

I will certainly be objecting to this proposal. The worrying thing is that I only live in Sheffield and this is the first I had heard about it. I thought things like this were supposed to be reasonably widely publicised before permission could be granted.

Last time there was an application of this nature it was front page news in the Sheffield Star and I know that as a result a lot of people from this area objected.

If you don't mind, I'd like to copy your post (with a link and credit to you of course!) onto my own blog, because if I just put a link, most people won't click on it. I'll also be writing to our local paper and I'll include a copy of your posts if that's OK.

It's quite late for objections, but a few more might help!

10:18 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home