Wednesday, June 04, 2008

A little bit of yes

Heard yesterday that one of the one-minute plays I submitted for Gone In 60 Seconds has been accepted, and will be performed in Leeds next week - June 12th, 7:30pm at Stage One, Leeds Uni to be precise. A "yes" for a little thing is still a yes, and I'm really pleased (and also kind of relieved) to get something accepted.

A one minute play is an odd thing - it seems easy enough, doesn't it, to write something that's only a minute long, a page of text? But in one page you have to get beginning, middle and end, and tell some kind of story, and give actors enough to do to make their characters come alive. It's actually a fairly tricky task. Small, but tricky. I think there was enough space in the script for the actors to have some fun with how they play it. Anyway, I'll find out soon enough as I am planning to head to Leeds to see my tiny play - anyone fancy meeting up for a night out?

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good news. Encapsulating a whole idea in one minute must be difficult - and good discipline.

Leeds too far away for me, I'm afraid. It's a lovely city, though.

Hooray for your play.

11:50 am  
Blogger potdoll said...

Congrats!

2:22 pm  
Blogger Near by said...

well done!

12:41 pm  
Blogger Amanda said...

Well done, Sal! Sorry I can't make it to Leeds on Thursday. Will get round to looking at what we could get together at in Manchester soon. Would've gone to Tartuffe but it ended 31 May...
Fundraising going well I see...
Amanda

5:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope it goes very well! Someday I'll get to see one of your plays performed!!!! :)

5:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I hope it went well - let us know.

And of course I'll sponsor you. :o) Have you run the race yet? I'm a bit all over the place (as per normal) in keeping up with everyone.

10:59 pm  
Blogger Sal said...

I didn't go - chickened out of going on my own. But they will be shown on the Big Screen in Leeds, and if the person who said he'd come to see the play if only he wasn't doing something else will come to see the screening with me, I might actually brave it - need someone to hold my hand!

And no, I haven't run the race yet, and yes I need your money!

9:22 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home