Thursday, July 06, 2006

Money money money

The regional screen agency turned down our application for funding - apparently they had five times as many applications as they could fund. They said a couple of positive things though - our plan is business-like, and the script is "economically written" - so the search for funds goes on. Had a very good meeting yesterday with someone who is involved in putting on screenings of locally made short films, and she gave me half a dozen names to contact, so hopefully somewhere along the line we'll get enough money in the pot to start work.

I need to get one of those little fancy bars that Optimistic Reader has, showing percentage of the script completed, only mine will show percentage of the funds we've raised. Where do you get them and how do they work?

The heat and the humidity have built up to the point where the thunder is rumbling, and the rumblings are getting closer. A big thunderstorm and downpour is just what I need, then this pressure headache I've had for three days might go away. One problem with a loft workspace - it's fiendishly hot up here at the moment. Still, I don't need a sauna, I just need to come up here and work all day - same effect. I'll be thin soon.

Had an email from someone I met in Cannes who was interested in scripts for fringe theatre productions, asking if my play was finished yet. Hmmm. Wellll ..... not exactly. Better get working on that again, hadn't I?

Edited to add:
the thunder rumbled off into the distance, the rain was so feeble it barely counted and just had the effect of raising humidity, and I sent three emails and had five phone conversations related to film funding. Guess this was a producer day.

Where are all the good men dead? In the heart or in the head? Am watching Grosse Point Blank, if I'd remembered that it had such a cool soundtrack (original soundtrack credited to Joe Strummer but loads of other really top songs) I would've rewatched it sooner.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tim Clague said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. And remember that writing is free so its something to do while you search for other funds!

11:27 pm  
Blogger Lianne said...

Hi Sal,

If you really want a prog bar (for funds or scripts, or both) you can copy the code from my website. If you look at the comments in this post - http://lightandshadeblog.blogspot.com/2006/06/go.html - Lee explains what to do. My boyfriend helped me with it so I won't attempt to explain in detail. Last time I got ambitious and tried to change the template of my blog I broke it.

10:06 am  
Blogger Dominic Carver said...

Do you have an email address as Lee sent me detailed instructions which I can email to you. Mine can be found on my web [age a link to which is on my blog :-)

2:08 pm  
Blogger Scribe LA said...

"Grosse Point Blank" is awesome. Glad watching it jogged your memory about the soundtrack. And, where's Minnie Driver been hiding these days? Do you have her? Us Americans want her back :-)
Scribe

1:01 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home