Saturday, March 01, 2008

I tag everyone

I read this set of questions and answers on Far Away's blog, and tag everyone who reads this to answer.

• Why did you start blogging and why do you continue?
I started just before going to Cannes in 2006, because I thought it would be fun to chart the experience, and also because I thought a blog would be an easy way for family and friends to follow the process, rather than lots of bitty emails. I continue because I like writing reviews, and I like feeling part of something, and the scribosphere is something.

• How do you decide what to blog about?
I usually try to blog reviews of everything I see, theatre and film wise, and things I do that are writing related, plus a sprinkling of posts about the garden, the chickens, and cooking, mainly because my blog is a personal blog rather than a screenwriting blog. I wouldn't presume, in my position, to tell people how to do it - I'm happy charting what I do, and whether or not I'm sending stuff off and whether it gets accepted, and I think that one of the good things about blogging is the sharing of experiences.

• Do you write straight out or pre-plan what you’re going to write?
Bit of both. Sometimes when I'm at a play or a film I'm already forming the sentences that will make up the review. That tends to lean to it not being a great review. Sometimes I just sit down and start to type.

• Do you censor yourself?
Yes. (a) some of my family read it (b) some of my family don't want to be in it (c) I try not to be really rude about stuff that in other circumstances I might be rude about.

So, what about you?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ta for the link. I see Jon's Q & A turned into a bit of a meme.
I'm never quite sure if any of my family read my blog - so have to be cautious...

4:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I expect the idea was really for me to have done my own post on my own blog, but never mind...!

• Why did you start blogging and why do you continue?
Because you got me into it. :) I've continued because I like having the occasional ramble about my inconsequential life, and hearing what the (mostly) lovely people out there have to say.

• How do you decide what to blog about?
My blog naturally evolved into mainly being about my garden, so basically whenever I've done something of note in it. Sometimes I just need to have a rant about 'just stuff'.

• Do you write straight out or pre-plan what you’re going to write?
Straight out normally.

• Do you censor yourself?
Yes. I'm a bit of wimp really!

10:15 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home