Sunday, October 05, 2008

Hello from Canada

More precisely, Banff in the Rocky Mountains. I'm at a conference at the Banff Centre for the Arts, which is a great place just outside the town of Banff itself. The conference (International Qualitative Health Research) has been interesting so far; a great workshop on Friday on writing proposals, some good papers yesterday followed by a reception which was fun. On Friday after the workshop, I did the Tunnel Mountain Trail, which starts behind the Centre and climbs 1000 feet in about a mile to give great views over the Bow River and the town of Banff. The Centre has fabulous sports facilities, so I've been swimming every day before breakfast (I always wake up early in North America) and have a session on the climbing wall booked for tomorrow.

I'm giving my paper at 9:30 this morning, and after that, I can relax! Not sure what we'll do for dinner tonight; last night I went out with a couple of Australians, a Canadian and someone from Manchester - it's a very international conference which is part of the appeal.

Then from Monday onwards I'm on holiday, hoorah!

A couple of photos:

From 36,000 feet over Greenland


The view from the dining room at the Banff Centre.
More will follow!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad things going well. Enjoy the active holiday!
Love from us

8:22 am  
Blogger Stacie said...

looking forward to more photos!

7:05 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home